Reports to Senior Marketing Manager
What You’ll be Doing:
As a key member of our TechSmith Evangelism team, this role will be responsible for supporting the Evangelists and their efforts to inspire engagement and use of TechSmith products and solutions. The position involves a wide variety of marketing activities, including interacting directly with customers and mavens, using a customer relationship management (CRM) tool to organize those interactions, recruiting conference presenters, nurturing MVP’s, coordinating conference sponsorship and other related functions. This person will work closely with the Marketing, Customer Service and Sales teams.
This role requires deep customer relationships; allowing for ongoing, direct, and authentic conversations in order to bring those conversations with customers back into TechSmith. This allows for the user’s voice to be heard, and helps to build community around the TechSmith brand.
- Create relationships, connect with people, and engage in conversations with thought leaders to learn how TechSmith can support them or their cause.
- Help to maintain, grow, and work with a variety of communities who are using, talking about and engaged with TechSmith products.
- Work with various groups inside TechSmith to ensure that information flow is reaching the appropriate destination from a variety of communities, sites, and most importantly customers.
- Help to champion the evangelist mind-set at TechSmith, encouraging every employee to become an advocate of TechSmith products and services.
- Distribute not-for-resale (NFR) software license keys to mavens and qualified MVP’s.
- Develop and implement a NFR nurture program.
- Serve as a champion for implementation and meaningful use of an organization-wide CRM.
- Assist in developing, and lead execution of a TechSmith MVP program.
- Fulfill customer driven presenter requests, distributing materials and answering questions as needed.
- Identify potential customers to present on TechSmith’s behalf at relevant conferences.
- Coordinate relevant sponsorships identified by Evangelism team.
- Monitor social media channels and respond/coordinate response to customer questions via a variety of sources (such as forums, Twitter, Facebook, blogs, etc.).
- Be able to provide customer service and some technical support for TechSmith products.
Required Skills and Background:
- Must be resourceful, self-motivated, customer focused, and able to work collaboratively with a variety of teams.
- Must have passion for people, for technology and for our products.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for communication inside and outside the company.
- Creative in solving problems and determining how to best help and interact with customers.
- Ability to listen to customers, probing for business process pains and opportunities.
- Great organizational skills with strong attention to detail and capability to balance several initiatives at once.
- Must have the ability to work collaboratively with various stakeholders across different departments and disciplines.
- Ability to scope a project, recognize the critical project path and develop plans that will meet the stakeholders and departmental resource requirements
- Experience with digital video editing/production, blogs, wikis, and social networking are all a plus.
- Must be comfortable using and learning new software and technology, including but not limited to communication tools (Outlook, Twitter, Facebook, etc), customer relationship management (CRM) tools, digital media tools (Camtasia Studio, Jing, Snagit, other video and image editing tools, etc), and more.
- Previous experience in marketing, customer engagement, customer care or community management or similar position is desired but is not a requirement.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- You must be legally authorized to work in the United States without an employer-sponsored petition for a visa, such as an H1B visa. TechSmith does not intend to file any visa applications in connection with this opening.
Compensation and Perks:
Compensation is competitive, and is based on skills and experience. As a full-time employee you will receive the standard TechSmith benefits package including health insurance, paid time off, 401(k) program, etc. We offer a fun and casual environment where you can wear jeans every day, drink free beverages (including pop, coffee, espresso, and more) and enjoy company-sponsored events. Please submit salary requirements along with your resume and cover letter.
Additional Job Sources