Jackson National Life Insurance Company® ("Jackson®") has an opening for a Corporate Communications Internship. Jackson is one of the nation's largest and fastest growing financial services companies, with over $100 billion in total assets. We offer a range of retirement products and services including variable; fixed and fixed index annuities; term and permanent life insurance. Please visit our website at www.jackson.com for more information.
The Corporate Communications Intern's primary responsibility is to assist with Jackson's and internal communications and corporate social responsibility program team. Responsibilities include writing and editing articles for the company's employee newsletters as well as organizing charity grant applications, assisting with company-sponsored special events and volunteer projects. In addition, the intern helps coordinate the department's social media campaign. Other departmental duties may also include copywriting, graphic design and building presentations.
An ideal candidate would have an interest in and experience with volunteer work, writing, social media and special event planning.
Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Extensive knowledge of Internet research techniques;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Solid technical writing skills.
Education and Experience Required
- High School diploma or equivalent, college-level courses in Journalism, English, Communications or General Business preferred;
- Previous internship/work experience;
- Experience with social media;
- Experience with graphic arts is highly desirable.
Additional Job Sources