Lansing College Access Network is currently accepting applications for an Administrative Assistant internship opportunity. This internship is unpaid, but can be used for college credits per requirements of the applicant’s institution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Qualifications and Experience:
- Create and maintain an inventory of all needed and available college access services for the LansingCAN service area (Lansing School Distric); assist the LansingCAN Director in establishing working relationships with service provider organizations and schools; and assist the LansingCAN Program Director with oversight and management;
- Assist the LansingCAN (College Access Network) Program Director with planning and coordinating the implementation of local technology components in connection with other local college access networks;
- LansingCAN (college access network) Website
- Assist in developing a database system for establishing baselines and tracking individual student progress;
- Assisting with event planning including designing, ordering and organizing event materials;
- Answering inquiries from partner affiliates, community organizations and community members;
- Assist in developing written materials, website postings and articles, e-newsletter, and other documents;
- Provide overall administrative support to Program Director; and
- Other duties as assigned.
At least two years of post-secondary education. Successful candidates will have a background in office management, community organizations, and event planning, as well as excellent written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills, and organizational skills. Candidates must be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite. Top candidates will have an interest in education, nonprofit organizations, and/or social equity. Through this position, the intern will gain an in-depth understanding of college access efforts locally and Statewide as well as gain practical experience working in a nonprofit environment.
- 15-20 hours a week (Flexible pending candidates qualifications and interests)
- Available to work March – June
The Program Director will provide oversight and resources to the Administrative Assistant Intern.
The Lansing College Access Network (Lansing CAN) plans to increase the college attainment rate of graduating seniors, particularly low-income and first generation students, from the Lansing School District by creating a college-going culture. Partners in creating the college-going culture are the Lansing School District, higher education institutions, business leaders, economic development organizations, funders, youth service organizations, students, and their families.
The Lansing College Access Network does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, political affiliation, gender, age, or sexual orientation.