The Information Services Intern will gain exposure to a fast paced IT department and have the ability to learn and practice skills in several areas of the department including the virtualization, data center and asset management.
- Participate in printer strategy team, including developing best practices for user printer needs policy.
- Work in Data Center on final stages of virtualization project.
- This includes identifying and pulling old servers and cable from racks.
- Scan, inventory, and index equipment into new asset management system.
- This includes identifying equipment types and models, and entering information for asset tracking.
- Other duties and experiences as assigned.
- All candidates must be currently enrolled in a college/university program leading to an Associates or Bachelors degree
- Preferred majors: Information Systems / Technology Management, Computer Science, Computer Engineering
- Must be currently matriculating or a recent graduate with a major in the aforementioned areas
- Must be available to work 40hrs/week, Monday through Friday, for 10-weeks starting at the beginning of May 2012
- 3.0 GPA or above preferred
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, professionalism
- Effective communicator
- Proficiency in use of Word, Excel, and Power Point, applications
- Intermediate computing skills preferred
- Must have a valid drivers license and reliable transportation