The Evolving Media and Content Manager’s primary focus will be to develop and expand our brand reach through emerging technologies and trends, and broaden communication with our viewers in conjunction with our on air product. Ideal candidate has an intense curiosity about the future of how viewers interact with each other, consume and engage with content, and develop loyalty to brands. They will be a strong leader, mentor, and strategist with proven project management experience. They understand the importance of emerging technologies and will be able to extend, integrate News 10 and WILX project content within established (online, social, mobile, etc.) and emerging channels (mobile tv, apps, ect.).
Qualified individuals will be: able to work well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment; self-motivated; flexible; extremely organized; very detail-oriented; tenacious yet tactful; a strong problem solver; able to work well under pressure in order to meet project deadlines; and will have a positive attitude.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate and contribute to daily content on wilx.com,
Facebook, Twitter and all new media platforms– essential during breaking news.
• Write and publish news and promotional content for the website
• Publish and maintain daily poll on wilx.com and social platforms
• Research, propose and develop new and innovative emerging technologies strategies to expand upon and deliver the WILX brand experience across all current and new platforms
• Execute approved strategies from concept inception to completion
• Continually build expertise with respect to industry trends and innovations
• Social Media Marketing. Manage the day-to-day content and communication across all social media platforms
• Experiment with new and alternative methods to further drive current social media strategies.
• Create and update daily, weekly, and monthly reports on campaigns, and translate qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising social media campaigns.
• Content Development and Management
• Develop, create and manage marketing content for all existing and emerging channels
• Develop and create integrated compelling content/story line based content via photo/video/text
• Collaborate with Creative Services team members to create effective content and to communicate brand
• Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Journalism or related field
. • Strong writing skills and ability to write accurately and creatively under constant deadline pressure.
• Prior news writing experience or newscast producer experience is preferred
• Prefer a minimum of 3 years experience.
• Ability to lead, mentor, develop, collaborate to drive initiatives and objectives
• Experience managing complex interactive projects and be able to effectively set and manage internal team expectations
• Ability to act as a creative thought leader
Experience researching, writing and developing projects from concept to completion
• Understanding of integrated communications, including role of emerging technologies within "traditional and non-traditional" channels.
• Extensive knowledge and experience using emerging technologies, content and digital communication methods to develop new programs and strategies
• Editorial and research capabilities.
• The ability to write strong, compelling copy geared toward target viewer
• Technical understanding of video and photo production
• Experience with website maintenance, content, and management systems
• Extensive knowledge of Social Media landscape, networks, and toolsets
• Social credibility: is an active and avid participant in the emerging technologies space
• Ability and willingness to work hard in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, team-oriented environment
• Ability and willingness to reprioritize quickly and efficiently to rapidly changing needs and situations
• Initiative and ability to self start/motivate, learn and react quickly
• Knowledge of graphic, motion and multimedia software, such as PhotoShop, Illustrator, DreamWeaver, Flash
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
• Knowledge and understanding of HTML5, and the capabilities of Web browsers
• Relentless research and implementation of emerging media
• Liaison with sales department for web/social media based contests
Ability to sit and write and look at a computer screen for 8 hours a day.
Must Have Regular and timely attendance & flexibility for Changing Operational Needs Job descriptions are subject to change at the discretion of management.
Build, maintain and retain corporate relationships with business entities in need of social media, marketing and online promotion services and securing contracts with said businesses. Write and implement strategies. Work with a creative team, yet personally oversee administrative and advertising campaign projects. Coordinate workflow to ensure that all contracts and deliverable ware met on time and within budget.
LSJ Media, a Gannett company, has a journalism opening for a Digital Producer who will ensure our products across all digital platforms (web, mobile, tablet, social media) have the most newsworthy, accurate and urgent news current content possible while actively engaging readers via social media. The producer will help shape digital content by planning stories, photos, multimedia and more. Position will coordinate breaking news online and across mobile platforms proactively and cooperatively with other editors and reporters and monitor wire services and competitive media in our markets. Producers are responsible for posting incoming content, including text and multimedia, for all digital platforms, and in more limited cases collecting breaking news information for immediate publication.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: If you’re a meteorologist looking to grow with an experienced team and work in a news department that regards weather as the most important thing we do, then this is the job for you. WILX is looking for a meteorologist for its weekend newscasts. PRE EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREENING REQUIRED.
We are looking for an individual who has a proven track record of successful cold calling and building immediate relationships. You must also be successful in selling across multiple digital platforms. We seek someone who can provide advertising and marketing solutions with new and innovative approaches. Must have a proven track record of consistent sales success and cold calling. We are looking for individuals with strong written and oral communication skills. You should also demonstrate a desire to seek out and win business by building relationships and cold calling.
Digital and or media sales experience is preferred. Strong organizational and time management skills required. As well as excellent presentation, interpersonal, problem solving and customer service skills are a must.
This position collects and analyzes facts about newsworthy events by interview, investigation, or observation. Organizes material and determines slant or emphasis. Qualified applicants will have strong news gathering and writing skills and the ability to generate and develop story ideas. Ideal candidate will have 3 to 5 years of solid reporting experience. Degree in journalism (or related field) or equivalent experience required.
This critical inside sales role will work in tandem with the territory advertising team on advertising programs that help small to medium local business achieve their goals.
Candidates must thrive in a fast paced high energy environment with the ability to manage multiple priorities, requests, customers and team members. Must possess superior written and verbal communication skills. The successful candidate will be results oriented with the ability to make sound business decisions ensuring team and personal revenue goals are achieved. Successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
· Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Must be able to work independently and make sound business decisions related to achieving revenue goals. Problem solving and analytical ability are also important.
· Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task.
· Ability to create PowerPoint presentations.
· College degree in Advertising or Marketing and at least two years relevant sales experience preferred.
· Newspaper advertising sales experience a plus.