AmeriCare Home Health Services is growing home care agency and specializes in geriatric care. Our clinicians are compassionate and trained in providing quality care to seniors. We believe in team work and helping each other for our professional growth and better patient care. Duties of an a Speech Language Pathologist include: Providing speech therapy treatment related to cognitive, communication, and swallowing disorders, as ordered by the physician; evaluate and establish goals based on the patient's current level of functioning and potentials for improvement; participate in case conferences as required; documents each visit made to the patient and include clinical notes in the EMR as per established guidelines; compliance with federal and state regulations, professional guidelines, and code of ethics for the profession of speech language pathology and provision of speech language pathology services; performs other job-specific duties established in job description.
undergo drug screening, reference and criminal background check, active CPR, active driver license.
General Summary: Under the supervision of and in collaboration with a staff physician, and under the managementof the Medical Director for Community Health Services, the function of a Physician Assistant is to provide primary health care services to individuals of all ages as a member of the health team assigned to the health centers. The Physician Assistant will also receive administrative supervision from a Community Health Center Supervisor.
Education: Masters Degree & graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program with National Board Certification (PAC).
Experience: A minimum of 3 yrs of Physician Assistant exp.
Other: Licensed to practice as a PA in the state of Michigan & CPRcertification must be kept current & applicable.
Coordinate recipe development and standardization according to Child and Adult Care Food Program regulations.
Research, develop, and prepare visual aids, articles, and other materials used in trainings and in teaching.
Purchase food in accordance with Child and Adult Care Food Program regulations, as needed.Consult with Association for Child Development personnel to address nutritional needs of the organization’s providers and day care children.
Provide counseling and presentations on basic rules of good nutrition, healthy eating habits, and nutrition monitoring to improve quality of life.
Bachelor's Degree required.
Under the direction of the Chief Program Officer, the Associate Director will work on (1) business development, (2) project development, and (3) project management. In addition, this position is responsible for learning the business side of running a program including financial management, human resource management, and IRB/Privacy functions.
More details at http://www.mphi.org/careers.aspx.
Under the supervision of a Clinic Coordinator, the Nutritionist will conduct nutritional assessments, provide nutrition counseling to community residents, prepare nutrition care plans, counsel clients and serve as a nutrition resource person for departmental staff. The nutrtionist will teach group education sessions related to nutrition and make nutrition related presentations to interested groups in the County.
Under the supervision of and in collaboration with a staff physician, and under the management
of the Medical Director for Community Health Services, the function of a Physician Assistant is
to provide primary health care services to individuals of all ages as a member of the health team
assigned to the health centers. The Physician Assistant will also receive administrative
supervision from a Community Health Center Supervisor.
1. Obtains complete medical history and physical data on patients. Performs complete physical
exams, assessments and records findings.
2. Makes independent provider judgments, collaborating with physician in managing acute and
ling term medical needs of patients, as appropriate. Manages medical emergencies.
3. Maintains and reviews patient records, charts and other pertinent information. Maintains
4 Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures. Reports test and examination
5. Synthesizes data to determine preliminary diagnosis and therapeutic plan consistent with
current medical practice. Utilizes the principles of prevention and promotes health and
6. Per licensing guidelines, administers medications and injections according to physician
direction and protocols. Instructs patient and family regarding medications and treatment
instructions, health maintenance, illness prevention, normal behavior, social and physical
growth and development.
7. Refers patients to other health care professionals, specialists, clinics and community resources
to meet patient and family needs.
8. Provides telephone consultation, follow-up phone calls and triage patient phone calls.
9. Demonstrates ongoing professional growth through participation in relevant educational
endeavors and appropriate associations.
10. Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
11. Complies with all agency policies and procedures concerning departmental compliance
including privacy of protected health information.
12. Participates in the after hours on-call system.
13. Participates as a preceptor and role model for medical and nursing students and practitioners
14. Collaborates and consults with supervising physician and peers.
15. May perform procedures at the discretion of the Medical Director as assigned, e.g., Quality
Improvement or Utilization review activities.
Performs other duties as assigned
During a public health emergency, the employee may be required to perform duties similar to but not limited to those in his/her job description.