The Human Resources Specialist will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the organizational culture and implementing the credit union philosophy well accomplishing daily responsibilities. The primary responsibilities will involve managing daily inquiries from all employees, delivering timely feedback regarding employee relations, benefits, payroll and training issues, and assisting all staff with HR-specific processes with emphasis on proactive problem resolution and department communication.
The Human Resources Specialist will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the organizational culture and implementing the credit union philosophy while accomplishing daily responsibilities. The primary responsibilities will involve managing daily inquiries from all employees, delivering timely feedback regarding employee relations, benefits, payroll and training issues and assisting all staff with HR-specific processes with emphasis on proactive problem resolution and department communication.
This position serves as a staff accountant in Treasury's Finance and Accounting Division regarding statewide accounting systems, reports, and the year-end book closing process. Provides assistance in analyzing accounting problems, using knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), theories, and their practical application.
Jackson National Life Insurance Company® has an opening for a Senior Accountant. Jackson is one of the nation's largest and fastest growing financial services companies, with over $100 billion in total assets. We offer a range of retirement products and services including variable; fixed and fixed index annuities; term and permanent life insurance. Please visit our website at www.jackson.com
for more information.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Consolidation and reporting of GAAP and IFRS basis financial results
- Analyzing financial data to evaluate performance of the Company, its lines of business and its products
- Research and resolution of new accounting guidance and regulatory issues
- Monitoring of regulatory and industry developments and trends
- Participating in the development and documentation of accounting policies and procedures
- Work effectively with all departments and companies to create an atmosphere of cooperation and ensure integration of all strategic goals and policies of the department and company
- Perform other assignments as requested
Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Advanced skills in Word, Excel & Access
- This person must be flexible and have the ability to prioritize and simultaneously oversee multiple tasks
- This position requires independent thought, strong problem-solving skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate with associates at all levels of the organization
- This person must be deadline-driven while possessing a positive and productive attitude
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- MBA or CPA designation
- Minimum 5 years of financial reporting experience within the financial services industry with at least 3 years in public accounting, preferably Big 4
- 3 to 5 years experience with SEC reporting
- Life insurance experience
Performs advanced-level professional internal auditing work. Work involves conducting performance, operational, financial, information systems and compliance audit projects; providing consulting services to organizational management and staff; and providing input to the development of the annual internal audit plan; all with emphasis on a risk-based approach designed to assist management in the attainment of their objectives. Maintains all organizational and professional ethical standards and ensures internal audit activities are carried out in compliance with The IIA’s International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards). Works independently under general direction with considerable latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
1. A bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in accounting or finance.
2. A CPA, CIA, CFE designation or active pursuit of one such designation is preferred.
3. Minimum of three years of experience in internal auditing, external auditing, fraud monitoring, financial crimes investigation, or compliance monitoring.
4. Extensive knowledge of and skill in regulatory compliance, financial crimes, and fraud related issues affecting Credit Unions required.
5. Considerable knowledge of the Standards and Code of Ethics.
6. Knowledge of contemporary risk management and control techniques and working knowledge of contemporary control frameworks.
7. Working knowledge of control and risk self-assessment facilitation techniques.
8. Knowledge of management information systems terminology, concepts, and practices.
9. Considerable knowledge of industry program policies, procedures, regulations, and laws.
10. Familiarity with the common indicators of fraud.
11. Skill in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions.
12. Extensive skill in planning and project management, and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines.
13. Considerable skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems.
14. Computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet, systems documentation, audit packages, and other business software to prepare work papers, reports, memos, summaries, and analysis.
15. Considerable skill in effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations for improvement.
16. Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, staff, and external contacts, and work effectively in a professional team environment. IIA’s International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards). Works independently under general direction with considerable latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
About Us... GreenStone Farm Credit Services is a $5.6 billion financial services institution with 450 employees in 37 locations throughout Michigan and northeast Wisconsin. GreenStone provides short term and long term credit to our customers, as well as a variety of other products and services, such as crop insurance, life and disability insurance, accounting services, tax planning and preparation, and appraisals. Position Description… Works under supervision in order to accomplish the following job duties: · Responsible for system analysis, system design and system documentation for commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) and custom developed applications. · Able to perform system configuration. · Responsible for application support for multiple applications. · Facilitation of client meetings. · Prepares and delivers professional, timely, well organized and informative presentations including training, demos, and process recommendations. Position Requirements... Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field. 3+ years of experience in systems analysis or systems development Strong written, oral and listening skills. Knowledge in at least one of the following: OnBase, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Microsoft Dynamics GP, Microsoft BizTalk, Microsoft ASP.Net and associated Microsoft based web development. Have excellent analytical skills in understanding complex data relationships. Possess understanding in the areas of application development, system design and methodologies like UML and RUP. Here's What We Can Offer You... GreenStone has an outstanding Total Rewards package, which includes, but is not limited to: Salary is commensurate with experience 15 vacation days, 12 sick days, and 10 paid holidays per year 401(k) + 9% match Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life/AD&D benefits, etc. $100/year Logo Wear allowance $400/year Computer Subsidy/Reimbursement · Tuition Reimbursement *** Please include your salary requirements in your cover letter